question regarding using new storage pools

rvillano

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I hope I have posted this to the correct forum area? my question is I have a perspective customer who needs to replace their current storage devices which are used by TSM as primary storage pools because the current storage devices are very old and out of support. I know I can do things like move nodedata, or move data , or even migrate storage pool commands once the new device class and storage pools are defined and the management classes updated to the new storage pools.

My problem is this customer believes a lot of the current backup data in the storage pools is no longer needed or wanted but some is needed. If I re-point the clients to the new stg pools how would I be able to recover backup data from the old pools for those few clients who have useful backup data in the old storage pools until
the retention times have passed?

I would really like to hear any suggestions you may have to resolve this dilemma.

Best Regards,
Bob...

You don't need to do nothing, just create new storage pools and point clients to use those new ones (update copygroups with new destination). Data in different pools (old ones) will be still accessible to clients.

Back