Question password TSM FASTBACK

MiK

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi everybody it's always me (don't hate me :) )

I have a little problem with tsm fastback.

I installed a 6.1.3.5 version of TSM fastback i configured him with the adress of my tsm server.
In the TSM server i add the node corresponding to the computer i create him a pasword..

In the parametre of distant storage i put the tsm ip adress, he ask me password its ok

THe problem was when i add a new folder to save he ask me password and when he ty to save he ask me one more the password...

It's normal ?
When i don't touch the pc sometimes he ask me the pass.
After that the file was save but the lot of asking password was nervous if i install this to client and he was be harassed by the lot of password ask

Regards, Mickael.

Last edited:
Hi, i found something on IBM.

I add my user with total control (yet in the admin groupe) on the register key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM

Right clic, autorisation, select my user in use and put him the total control.

Since i do that i have no popping password.

Source:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21456125

Continuous Password prompts during back up to a Tivoli Storage Manager server
When using a Tivoli Storage Manager server as the backup target, the application password prompt keeps popping up if the User account on the Client machine does not have administrative privileges. The reason is because Tivoli Storage Manager needs full access to every key in the following registry path in order to save the password:

To fix the problem, use regedit to grant full access to the user running Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack for Workstations. Full access must be granted to the following keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM

NOTE: For Tivoli Continuous Data Protection for Files 3.1.7.0 and Higher or
Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack for Workstations 6.1.1.0 and Higher Full access must be granted only to the following key:

Regards, Mickael.

Back