Question about VOLSER for LTO and/or Ultrium LTO tapes

I have also found similar info for Generation 2 drives, some of which might be helpful (volumes 1 and 2)

I now realize that IBM has an FTP site for their drivers and software, but they post their FixIt Central as a link there. That's the problem! They should just
have a long list of their drivers and software and some sort of cross-reference - a list or map that takes you from the model number to the software. I still cannot
find the device drivers for my drive. A lot of the functions and command work with generic drivers, but I should also have Tivoli Storage Management for this drive, and perhaps that would have drivers? I DO have libacl (and I don't have libgpfs although I can probably do without that). I am now ready to really install this thing and I'm going around and around in circles. Sometimes I stumble upon something. I suspect that people had to pay for TSM 5.36 and TSM 5.41 which are the versions I need. I need stuff for Linux x86 x64. My drive is an Ultrium TD3 - this is NOT an IBM 3580. I would like to see if there are any firmware upgrades - mine is 6B20. I cannot even find that firmware. I would have expected and ftp link to just download it.

I don't know how, but I DID find a site that might help, that's ftp?
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/client/v5r5/Linux/

I don't know how, but I DID find a site that might help, that's ftp?
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/client/v5r5/Linux/

I'm downloading a client and a server that are the correct versions so perhaps there will be something there to point me to drivers or perhaps they are bundled.
This might work.

I cannot find the driver for my IBM Ultrium-TD3. I have posted on a forum. If someone has the driver, please post it. Thank you.

I cannot find the IBM Ultrium-TD3 driver via the below process.

Supported Device Drivers
IBM maintains the latest levels of device drivers and driver documentation for the
IBM Ultrium Tape Drives on the Internet. You can access this material from your
browser or through the IBM FTP site by performing one of the following
procedures. (Note: If you do not have Internet access and you need information
about device drivers, contact your Marketing Representative.)
v Using a browser, type one of the following:
http://www.ibm.com/storage
– ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr
– ftp://207.25.253.26/storage/devdrvr
v Using an IBM FTP site, enter the following specifications:
– FTP site: ftp.software.ibm.com
– IP Addr: 207.25.253.26
– Userid: anonymous
– Password: (use your current e-mail address)
– Directory: /storage/devdrv

I wonder if the

ULT3580-TD3 is IBM's name for the OEM ULTRIUM-TD3? I doubt it but it's not impossible.

I have found a driver on their Fixit site that I think might be buildable and/or installable - whichever I want. It lists Ultrium-TD3 as a supported device.
It's funny - it mostly only lists 3580 series as the devid's so I wonder if my Ultrium-TD3 is some sort of rack only device but at least I can give this a try - to build
the driver.

Back