query which stgpool?

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello

Do you have any script (select or query) what can tell me the scheduled jobs or any other backup jobs destination?
for example:
Node1 ----> 1ststoragepool
or
SQL_backupjob----> sqlstgpool
...or something similar.

I know that the management class define the storagepool, where the data will be stored, but i would like to run a query to get it...

Thank you for your help!

It would be a bit complex, but doable. No clue how to do it, but you'll have to get data from 3 tables where those fields are equal:
nodes.domain_name=mgmtclasses.domain_name
mgmtclasses.class_name=bu_copygroups.class_name

And these fields have these values.
where mgmtclasses.defaultmc='Yes'
and where bu_copygroups.set_name='ACTIVE"

Now, that only tells you the default destination storage pool. If the client options have a different management class, that query won't catch that. If the destination pool is over himig, it will go to next, it won't catch that either.

It would be a bit complex, but doable. No clue how to do it, but you'll have to get data from 3 tables where those fields are equal:
nodes.domain_name=mgmtclasses.domain_name
mgmtclasses.class_name=bu_copygroups.class_name

And these fields have these values.
where mgmtclasses.defaultmc='Yes'
and where bu_copygroups.set_name='ACTIVE"

Now, that only tells you the default destination storage pool. If the client options have a different management class, that query won't catch that. If the destination pool is over himig, it will go to next, it won't catch that either.

Thank you! I will try to create that query, but i think it won't be easy...

I'd like to ask one more question...
I can't find the destination pool for mgmtclass (tsm 5.5 GUI) and i after i queried it -> q mgmt f=d and its result gave me lot of information about all of mgmclass but i cant see the destination pool, only the migration pool.
What is wrong with my query?...
If i query domain, the result is the same...i dont see..

Within the mgmtclass there is the backup copy group and the archive copygroup.

To know what stg pool that the backup data is going into
q domain_name policy_set_name class_name co f=d will show the copy destination

Type=backup is the default.

For the inquiring minds on how the domain, policy set, mgmt class, and copy group fits.

ab0ct006.gif

Good Luck,
Sias

IT's COOL! :D
I think i have some black hole in my TSM knowledge....
More than you think, that was for TSM 5.3. So there are a lot of new things since them:
- TSM for VE
- Data deduplication (legacy and inline)
- Data compression for container dedup pools(inline)
- Node Replication
- TSM is using DB2 as a database since 6.1
- and more

So there's a lot of stuff not covered on there, however those basic concepts still apply.

Back