query to determine which tape/file volumes contain a specifically backed up object

ssaddison

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello - does anyone have a query that would return the tape/file volume id/locations that contain a backed up file. 'query backups' from the client will show when/if it was backed up, select * from contents is still running after a couple of hours and seems to tax the database if it ever returns. thank you.

select volume_name from contents where file_name='<file_name_which_is_case_sensitive>' and node_name='<node_name_which_is_case_sensitive_and_normally_all_CAPS>'

select volume_name from contents where file_name='<file_name_which_is_case_sensitive>' and node_name='<node_name_which_is_case_sensitive_and_normally_all_CAPS>'

Thank you for your reply, I should have been more clear - I was performing basically the same select from contents (select * from contents where node_name='node' and where file_ name='filename'. it just seems to never finish after hours of waiting. I was hoping there was an faster way. I shall be patient. Of course, my laptop kernel panicked a few hours into the running statement so I just started over.

I thought you were searching for a specific file. A * will select all tables that matches the set criteria and will really take a long time.

I thought you were searching for a specific file. A * will select all tables that matches the set criteria and will really take a long time.

my original query was:

select * from contents where node_name='mynodename' and file_ name='myfilename'

I changed it to:

select FILESPACE_NAME,FILE_NAME,VOLUME_NAME from contents where file_name='myfilename' and node_name='mynodename'

Back