Query NDMP backups from BA Client

mccleld

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hello Team,

TSM Server v5.5, Windows TSM BA Client 6.3

I'm trying to extract the name of the management class to which my NDMP backup images have been bound. While it seems that Q NASBACKUP happily returns this in TSM v6 it does not in TSM v5. An alternative is to trawl through the BACKUPS table, but for lots of reasons this won't be impractical.

However, I am able successfully to query NDMP backup details from the TSM BA client, but only if I manually enter an administrative username and password each time. I need to try to remove this manual step but I'm struggling to do so.

Here's what I'm trying:

Code:
dsmc query backup -class=nas -nasnodename=NETAPP1

I'm presented with this:

Code:
Please enter a user ID with administrative authority for both of the following:
The NAS node: 'NETAPP1'
The client node: 'WIN7-TEST'
<WIN7-TEST>:

Giving an admin user (CL=SYS) works at this point and presents me with this:

Code:
    Image Size Mode   Backup Date          Mgmt Class A/I Image Name
   ---------- -----  -------------------  ---------- --- ----------
 1    8.81 MB  Full   06/08/2012 11:13:39  STANDARD    A  /vol/vol1
tsm>

This is great, but I want to be able to run this query without having manually to input a username/password after having entered. I've tried various permutations here, up to giving the admin user ID under which the BA client is running system privs (GRANT AUTH WIN7-TEST CLASS=SYSTEM) but each time I'm prompted - something that won't work in the context of a script.

Any ideas a) on what should work here so that I won't be prompted, or b) how to get the Mgmt Class to which an NDMP backup is bound on a TSM 5.x system without performing a terminal query against the BACKUPS table.

Many Thanks,

// David Mc
London, UK

Hi,

I am trying to query backup for a particular filesystem from NAS node using -nasnodename parameter, but i am unable to get the output.
Can anyone please help?

tsm> q backup ('NAS filesystem name') -nasnodename=nodename -class=nas
ANS1081E Invalid search file specification '('filespace name')' entered.

The way i am trying to query the filesystem name may be wrong, because i am getting output without filespec. Kindly help.

Back