Query Client List for Policy Domain, Management Class and Storage Pool

bml104

Newcomer
Reaction score
Is there a way query a txt list of servers and have it output the Policy Domain the belong to? I'm new to TSM and management keeps sending me list of random servers and they want to know what the final destination is for these servers.

I can "query node servername and it gives me that info. Can i run this against a list?

You could try this:
Code:
select nodes.domain_name, backups.class_name, count(class_name) as "No.  of Objects" from backups ,nodes group by  nodes.domain_name,backups.class_name

It might run for several hours if you have a very large amount of backup objects.

I'm trying to run a query against a list of nodes. query node -listname.txt?

Query node will not give you the management class, so if you have domain with more than just the default management class, you won't it. To redirect an output to a file, you do:
q node > node.txt
The file will be in the current directory on Unix or c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient on Windows.

You can also redirect my query by adding " > output.txt" at the end of the command.

I want to query against a file. Say the node.txt has 30 servers in it. I want to know what Policy Domain the servers in that text file belong to. I'm not worried about the management class really. Policy Domain is fine.

I don't believe you can pass an input file to query on, not natively in TSM anyway. You would have to create a script outside TSM to do that and pass on one command per item in the list.

It will probably quicker to get the list of nodes and their domain, then search through it.
Code:
select node_name,domain_name from nodes order by node_name

That will give you an easier list to look through.

Back