q filespace shows zero data for proxy node

TiborB

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to find out amount of stored data in some filespaces, but I found some that seems to be empty:

FILESPACE_TYPE: API:TSMVM
CAPACITY: 0.00
PCT_UTIL: 0.00

Though client admins claims the data are there and available for restore.

I am not familiar with that proxy stuff, so can you please navigate me what might be going on and how can I get actual amount of stored data for these filespaces?

Thanks

Proxy means "acting on behalf" of something. Thus, the data are reflected on the nodes, not on the proxy.

OK, I expected something like this, but still I dont know where these data are reported. I checked both - target node shows filespace but no data (0 size) and agent node does not even shows the filespace.

I was asked how many data are stored for particular server (~filespace) but I dont see where this information is.

FILESPACE_TYPE: API:TSMVM
CAPACITY: 0.00
PCT_UTIL: 0.00
The capacity and pct_util will always be zero (o) for all filespaces that are not filesystems. And even in the case of a filesystem, it won't give you how much data is backed up like you are interested in finding, but rather the size of the filesystem and the space utilized.

If you want to see how much data is stored, you have to look at "query occupancy" instead. Try this command:
Code:
q occ * \VM*
This will give you all the filespaces for all nodes that start with \VM, which are the VM backups.

Back