Q about Training

TeEsEm

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
I was looking into taking the courses TS572 (basic) and TSX57 (intermediate) but if you read the overviews of each course they are EXACTLY the same. The only difference is that you will install ITSM on Windows in the basic course and on AIX in the intermediate course. Can somebody explain the intermediate class more to me so i can justify my company spending the $$$ to send me there?

Thank you

There are actually 3 TSM courses. The first is TS572 which is Tivoli Storage Manager Implementation is the first course everyone should take. It explains all the features and fincitions of TSM and how to do an actual implementation. Read the Redbook SG24-5416 which I wrote and this will show you what the course will do for you.

The scond is TS582 and it is call Tivoli Storage Manager Total Integration and this course explains Server to Server communication and how to recover TSM onto another location and how to make multiple TSM server work together in a enterprise.

The third course is Updates and Migration and is designed to explain moving from one platform to another or upgrading from a prior version to a newer one. MUST have the first one before you attempt this one.

We have a trainig course in Hawaii December 6-10 in Honolulu, HI.

Good Luck

So essentially, the TSX57 isn't necessary? We have a solution in place now, but I am not familiar enough with Tivoli to be proactive and plan for the future. We have had 3 3590's break on us in the last week from our Tape Pool and i need to know how to deal with things like that. I want to setup archiving and reporting server.

Actually, TS572 and TS57X are identical classes, generally scheduled concurrently.

TS572 labs run on a Windows platform. TSX57 labs run on an AIX platform.

TS582 and TSX58 are, again, the same course offered with Windows and AIX labs respectively. The same goes for TS592 and TSX59.

Some students prefer to do their TSM labs during class on an AIX system as AIX is going to be their platform back at their workplace. There are a few issues that need dealing with if you are using TSM on an AIX platform, but either course (you do not need both) should meet most student needs.

Back