Reaction score
Hello.

Environment:
* Windows Server 2012 R2 as SP server OS
* IBM SP Server 8.1.5 Extended Edition
* Primary backup storage: directory-container stgpool on raid disks array
* TS3100 LTO5 tape library with container-copy stgpool

What I want to do:
* Protect directory-container stgpool (disks in raid) to container-copy stgpool (tape pool) and take the tapes offsite

Twist:
* When I use the 'protect stgpool' command for the first time, a full copy of the disk directory-container stgpool is written to the container-copy tape pool which results some LTO5 tapes containing primary stgpool data, I proceed to take the tapes containing data to offsite
* When I use the 'protect stgpool' command for the second time, only the new, changed etc extents will be copied to the available tapes (first batch is still offsite) which ultimately results 1 independent 'full copy' of the original container-copy stgpool but we need 2 independent full copies on tape

What we would like to ultimately achieve:
* 1 SP server onsite in city A
* 1 SP server offsite in city B (node replication)
* 2 concurrently existing independent tape based copies (from SP server in city A) of the original disk directory-container stgpool, of course each with own database backup on tape + config files
* The 2 tape based independent copies will be rotated between SP server location and offsite location (both in city A)
* City B SP server will be acting only as a node replication destination server

I know this sounds pretty crazy and maybe even overkill but would this be doable with SP?

Thanks In Advance.

Teet Saar.

Back