Profile/Subscription Issue

Ragglegumm

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We have 5 Servers running 5.3.4.2 on AIX and i have just duplicated this environment on another 5 servers running 5.3.6 because these servers will use LTO4.

I have created one server of the new 5 as a config manager and created a profile and profassociations. I subscribed the other 4 to the config manager's deafult and custom profiles
and ran notify subscribers.

All appeared to be fine, then i noticed that domains, servers etc on the 4 were showing a blank Managing profile. I ran a q profile on the 4 and was only shown the default profile and not the custom one i had created. I ran a def subscription with the custom profile and received an error stating it was already present. I deleted the subscription to the default profile from the 4 but when i ran q profile hey presto there it still was. I then deleted the custom profile and that seemed to remove the "default_profile" from them.

Looking back on the config manager i deleted the default profile and then recreated the subscription to the custom profile on the 4. I thought this had fixed it, each showed only one subscription to the new profile but when i ran notify subscribers the 4 were shown as not current and i am still showing blank managing profiles.

At this point, in desperation i deleted the domains on the 4. Ran a notify and back they came still no managed profile and apparently still not current as far as the config manager is concerned.

Im am out of ideas. Am i missing something really basic. I've never set this before although reading through the IBM docs its looks simplicity itself.....

Neil

Back