Problems with Cluster-Configuration of TSM

obiwan2

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm a little bit confused now with the configuration of the TSM-services on a cluster-system... maybe a few lines will help me to make it better :)

I installed only the TDP scheduler as a windows-service and defined within the cluster a role (generic service) that will start this service. I this windows-service enough or do I additionally need a TSM CAD service ?

The TDP scheduler service nodename is msdb_sql, the opt-file resides in s:\tsm\config\msdb_sql.opt
If a CAD is needed, which nodename and which opt-file do I have to use ? Those from the TDP ???

Thanks in advance !

I this windows-service enough or do I additionally need a TSM CAD service ?
It depends if you want the scheduler to be managed by CAD or not.

If a CAD is needed, which nodename and which opt-file do I have to use ? Those from the TDP ???
If you need CAD, you use the same option file and nodename as the Scheduler that the CAD will manage.

Hi marclant,

I'm really confused at this time......

What would be the best installation in your eyes ?
Only installing a TDP scheduler without a CAD ? We don't need access to this system using a tsm webclient...so i think a CAD is not neccessary, right ?

The scheduler will be started within the cluster-definition....

Only installing a TDP scheduler without a CAD ? We don't need access to this system using a tsm webclient...so i think a CAD is not neccessary, right ?
Personal preference. Pros and cons either way.

Without CAD is a simpler configuration.
With CAD, the scheduler is started and stopped every time, so it's a clean start each time.

Back