Problems installing ISC en Windows Server 2008 - 64 bit

ad283m

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi all TSMers,

I am having issues installing TSM on my 2008 box.

I installed the server V5.5 with no problems.

When I try to install the ISC, it shows an issue regarding the compatibility, ok because I tried to install
[FONT=&quot]ISC6.0.0.1

Ok, where do I find a compatible version because I have read and so fat it says the Administration center has to be 6.1, ok peachy there but regarding ISC, what should I use.

Because, as fas as I know, I must install first the ISC and then the administration center.

Or maybe in the administration center it is all the info in the downloadable :confused:

Thanks for your help

[/FONT]

PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

Yes you do need ISC prior to Admin center, and ISC6.0.0.1 should be compatible with Admin center 7.
From experience, when dealing with ISC install problems, just call IBM support.
They do such a good job at hiding log files and giving error messages that are not even close to the real issue at end, that this the most appropriate action IMHO and not even worth the troubleshooting time.

Just my 2 cents ;)

PREDATAR Control23

Hi JeanSeb,

Yes I did open a PMR regarding this, but I like the feedback here and so I posted the question.

IBM says that in the AC 6.1 comes ISC 7, so now I'm downloading it, after that ends I'll try to install it.

Thanks

PREDATAR Control23

you can install AC 6.1, and if your Win2008 is R2, you have to go with AC 6.1.3, as lowest version.
If you prefer, you can install latest administrative interface, called TIP, from TSM 622, it will work nice with TSM 5.5. Just it is noticeably slower than AC 6.1.3 which is the last one still based on ISC.

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks Mita, I'm downloading 6.1.3 to install, and I noticed the server didn't had java, I'll install it and let you know.

I'll look into TIP to see of I can use it.

Thanks.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi, I installed 6.2, and it works (kinda) because there are problems with java.

Sooo, I'll look into it.

Thanks

PREDATAR Control23

Cool.
My advice is not to use IE browser, but Firefox, since it works much faster with it.

PREDATAR Control23

Ok, I'm having serious issues here.

First Only locally the AC is shown, that is, from the server using the browser the login information works, but If I try to connect from my workstation it doesn't open the page.

Secondly, when I start, It shows constantly HTTP 500 error and java error:
Exception Type PortletException
Message com.tivoli.dsm.admcntr.DsmMainPortlet:processAction
Root Cause java.lang.NullPointerException

So, any help here will be welcomed.

PREDATAR Control23

Well not much to fix there, I think.
Download latest version from IBM ftp site, which is 6.2.2, and reinstall.
I haven't seen that problem on Win2k8R2, but lowest version I have tried was 6.2.1.

PREDATAR Control23

Really funny, on IE doesn't works. On Firefox works great.

I'll move on using Firefox.

Thanks

PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

i need to install isc and ac in my aix6.1 production server there are many issues in isc so i am unable to install it, kindly help me it shows isc cannot be installed and terminates i would be great full if you provide me steps how to install it properly my mail id:[email protected].