PROBLEM WITH TSM Licensing

Mickelo

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello every body,

I will try to write english.

I have a problem with licensing TSM :

My TSM sever work well but When I try to register the tsmee.lic file with the command : "reg license file=tsmee.lic", I obtain an error message that say :
ANR9638W License registration is not supported on this server
ANS8001I Return code 3.

I try to reinstall all products (ISC, TSM serv, ADMIN center, etc...) but always the same error...

I precise I've got the TSM 5.4.2 version.

Thanks you for help you can bring to me. ;)

What do you call base code ? Is it The tsm server ?

I cannot response before tomorrow afternoon but you can put your response ;) thanks you.

jdresang is right... you have to install the base code... you will have the option to install the licence server.

if you server is already at 5.4.2... juste install the "Device server" from 5.4.0 and reboot.. you should solve your problem

not de device server... Licence server.... Sorry... me bad!

base code... is the one you d/l from your passport account at this moment it's 5.4.0

Ok but I don't understand, sorry... What the base code ? An executable ?

Because I install the 5.4.2.0-TIV-TSMSRV setup and adminCenter setup AND ISC setup ... but I don't see any license server......

thank you ;)

Mikelo - yes the base code is an executable like the one you've installed. But to have the option to install the Licence server. you have to Install 5.4.0 before installing TIV-TSMSRV 5.4.2.0

To Download 5.4.0 you have to get it with your passport advantage account. If you dont have a passport accont, ask you IBM rep to help you.

The basecode is the executable contaning everything you need to start TSM server.(TSM Server,Licence Server,TSM Device Drivers and TSM Language pack) after you apply the patch/fix pack and TIV-TSMSRV 5.4.2.0 is a fixpack

Hope this help you!

Last edited:
Hey !! Ok I understand thank you I'am not very ok with TSM I'm a newbie ;)

Ok I will try to download this ;) Thanks

So I must reinstall all in the good order ?

Hey Mickelo it's ok and i'm glad that i could help...

it's not mandatory to reinstall everything... you could just install "Server licence" from the 5.4.0 executable... it will you solve your problem.

If you feel ike it... you can reinstall TSM server only (no need to reinstall ISC and AdminCenter)

ok, but a strange thing appear...

The license package , is this the three file *.lic ? because This files are present... daret.lic, tsmee.lic and tsmbasic.lic....

Those would be for TSM Extended Edition, Basic Edition and Data Retention. Your original comand to register tsmee.lic is the one you probably need and want

no no I know the command to register but the error appear when I try to register tsmee.lic...

See my first post ;)

thanks

sorry but I don't understand your action... "lslpp-Lc 'tivoli.*'" ???

What is it ? A command to write in console ADMC ?

I will try to put an older version 5.1 or 4.0 because I really needthat and It's not work again....

FOR The Wipet --> Yes I've installed all necessary..

you can have the 5.1 licence and running 5.4.... by the way on what OS you are running you server AIX,Solaris, windows????

Ok for the license, it run on windows 2003 server

Back