Problem with Restore of SystemState

dcz01

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hello together,

i have a big problem with the restore of an windows system and its systemstate.
the server needed a raid repartition so i must reinstall or restore it.
but now i have the problem in the restore, that when i restore the systemstate, it only recreates me the c: partition and the hidden partition, but not the d: or e: partition.
all parititons where successfully backupd before the repartition but there is an tsm internal anomaly...
the nodename is named tsmserver1 and the filespaces are beginning with \\fs001fag\c$... the systemstate filespace is named FS001FAG\SystemState...

can this be a problem by the restore with bmr or an normal restore if the nodename and filespace names are different?

After reading your initial message, you are using the ASR method, which means you are following document 2 or 3 depending on your version of Windows.

it only recreates me the c: partition and the hidden partition, but not the d: or e: partition.
all parititons where successfully backupd before the repartition but there is an tsm internal anomaly...
TSM doesn't create any partition during the restore, that's handled by Windows and triggered when TSM does the systemstate restore. Only the system drives are recreated. So if D: and E: are not part of Windows, then the partitions are not created.

I'll assume you have 2008 or 2008R2 and you are following https://ibm.biz/BdRu82. At step 11, you would have to mount those drives. And before proceeding with step 14, make sure the partitions are created and formatted. You can use diskpart for that, the same utility used in Step 11 to mount the drives.

well i found the problem myself...
the problem was the raid controller not the software of ms or ibm...
the raid controller creates in raid6 an vd0 with exactly 100GB which i want so.
but with raid5 to have more speed and capacity it only creates an vd0 with 99.999GB so there is missing some space for the tsm client or the winpe to receate the c: partition on the same vd0 as before and the data partitions (d: e:) on the vd1.

but thanks a lot anyway.

Back