• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Problem with Linux Mountproxy

blankgap

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I created a Mount-Proxy Node-Pair by following the TSM4VE Installation Cookbook. The _MP_WIN works fine, but when validating the _MP_LNX (RHEL 8) I get "TCP/IP communications failure" and in the Errorlog:
ANS5216E Could not establish a TCP/IP connection with address 'SRV00-BAK-07-LX.lutz.gmbh:36451'. The TCP/IP error is 'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.' (errno = 10060).

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Client is version 8.1.11 (on the Backupserver/Windows-Mountproxy and on the Linux Mounproxy)

RecoveryOne

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Have you checked firewall rules?
SE Linux set correctly?
Do you have properly defined mount proxy opt/stanza setup?

I could try and walk you through how my linux data mover is setup. Mine is RHEL 8.3.

Mita201

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
You should probably set WEBPORTS option in dsm.sys (as we can see, it tries to connect to port 36451 which is probably randomly selected since it is unset), and add these ports into firewall config.
Something like:

WEBPORTS 1586,1587

add it to firewall rule, restart dsmcad.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

DigitalOcean $100 Credit

Support ADSM.ORG and get DigitalOcean FREE credit. DigitalOcean currently offer a $100, 60-day Free Credit for new accounts. Sign-up here:

DigitalOcean Referral Badge

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 64 60.4%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 9 8.5%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
london