Problem opening TSM client

Toyens

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi all,

I'm not able to open the TSM client on my Domino server anymore.
The server is Windows server 2008 R2 x64. The TSM client installed is v.7.1.3 and the Data Protection for Lotus Domino is v.7.1.0.
I'm still able to open the Data Protection GUI to magage the backup and restore of the .nsf bases but I can't open the base client anymore. When I try to open it, nothing happen. I looked in the windows app event viewer and the only thing I see about that problem is 4 row about the IBM Java:

The description of the Event ID 0 in the IBM Java source is not found. The component that triggered this event is not installed on the local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Somebody ever saw that message?
How can I do to open the GUI again?

Thank

PREDATAR Control23

Thank for the idea but Java is on the server. I searched for the version of Java that my TSM client need and it seem it needed an older one so I installed the old version but nothing changed. It still don't open.

PREDATAR Control23

Check these files for errors:
dsmj.log
dsmwebcl.log
dsmerror.log

Try the command line (dsmc.exe) to see if the issue is limited to the GUI.

You could also try to do a Repair of the install. Just start the client installer, follow the prompts and select Repair.

PREDATAR Control23

Thank marclant.

I don't have errors in the 3 log files.
I was able to start the command line so the problem seem to be only with the GUI.
I can't try to repair for now, when I tried it said I will have to restart the server at the end and I can't do that without planning a maintenance and telling the users.

PREDATAR Control23

When you try to start the GUI, how far does it go? Do you get nothing, or do you get the splash screen?
Do you see progress?
upload_2016-10-26_11-31-53.png
What's the last thing you see?

Also, try to start the GUI from a console with verbose to get the java output:
Code:
cd /d "c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient"
jvm80110\jre\bin\java -jar -verbose dsm.jar
If your version of the TSM Client has a different "jvm*" directory than mine, use that in your command.

When you run jvm80110\jre\bin\java -jar -verbose dsm.jar, you will see a lot of text appearing, since the client fails to start, the error(s) that is preventing the client to start will be near or at the end of the java verbose output.