Problem installing client service

dcz01

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hello together,

i have an weird problem on one server which is also an TSM client.
I have new installed many times the client services like client acceptor and scheduler, but the client doesn't backup anything and always gets the following message on the server:

Code:
18.02.2019 12:53:30     ANR0424W   Session 4382 for node S0015EDE_DOMINO (TDP Domino) refused - invalid password submitted. (SESSION: 4382)
18.02.2019 12:53:31     ANR0424W   Session 4383 for node S0015EDE_DOMINO (TDP Domino) refused - invalid password submitted. (SESSION: 4383)
18.02.2019 13:00:29     ANR0424W   Session 4399 for node S0015EDE_DOMINO (TDP Domino) refused - invalid password submitted. (SESSION: 4399)
18.02.2019 13:05:49     ANR0424W   Session 4409 for node S0015EDE_DOMINO (TDP Domino) refused - invalid password submitted. (SESSION: 4409)

I have no idea why but i always resettet the password and set the forcepwreset=yes.
There are some logs and the dsm.opt attached.
Has anyone an idea?

Attachments

• data.zip
    11 KB · Views: 2
Issue "update node <nodename> <password>" on the server (where node is registered)

Then, on the client, open command prompt, go to baclient directory and issue "dsmc"

When asked for a user-id, press Enter
When asked for a password, type in the password you set on the server before by "update node..."

@blankgap Haha thats the thing i've done before so many times...
That doesn't work because the client then at the backup time says that it can't authenticate...
Another idea?

1.) Close all command windows

2.) Put a * in front of nodename in your dsm.opt to disable that entry
So in your case: *NODENAME S0015EDE_DOMINO

3.) Also add this line to your dsm.opt
RUNASSERVICE NO

IMPORTANT: Open a NEW command window after applying changes in dsm.opt, otherwise the changes will not applied until you start a new session.

5.) try again to reset the password on the server by "update node nodename password"

6.) Open command prompt. go to client directory and issue dsm.exe to open the TSM GUI

7.) In the GUI you should get a new prompt for usename and password.
when asked for the username, press enter (remember we have disabled *NODENAME in dsm.opt)
when asked for the password, enter the password.

@blankgap Thanks for the help, but that hasn't helped...
What only helped is that the TDP for Domino had to store the password in the registry while the other client password now are stored in C:\ProgramData\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\Nodes.
I had to append the TDP-command by -ADSMPWD=xxx to get the password stored.

Now all works fine again.

Did you still get the same error (ANR0424W) after executing the steps I explained? Just curious.
We don't use TDP for Domino, so I might have overseen something.

As long as it works now its all fine :)

@blankgap Yes, the warning or error by the connecting to the server and authentication is refused with your steps, sorry ;)

Back