problem in granting privilege to admin

mdfazu

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
hai ,
While i was working with granting and revoking privileges for administrator. By mistake i revoked the system privilege for admin now i couldn't work with any command without the system privilege. could any one help me out to solve this problem

this is the output for the q admin command

Administrator---------- Days Since -----------Days Since --------Locked? --Privilege Classes
Name --------------------Last Access ---------Password Set
------------------------------------------------- ------------ ------------ ---------- - -------------------
ADMIN ------------------------<1------------------------- 3 ---------------------No
ADMIN_CENTER -----------3 -------------------------(?) -------------------Yes
CHANDRU--------------------- 3 -------------------------3 ---------------------No----------- Client Owner
SERVER_CONSOLE---------------------------------------------------------- No-------------System

To solve this problem i tried to enter into server console but my attempt failed. i don't know what is the reason behind that. Pease try to give me the solution for entering into server console also.

ans

* go to server console
* give grant auth admin class=system
* then come and start the server

Last edited:
Authority Assign

Hello if accidently revoked that system privilage for ADMIN. you can inoke again. Go to dsmserv promt. You can assign.

Hi,

prakash is right - I just add a bit more deep explanation

You have to stop the TSM service and then start dsmserv in the foreground. In that mode you are not prompted for any password and you are logged in as a SYSTEM_CONSOLE user (who is now the only one having System privilege)
Assign System privilege to admin account (or any other)
grant auth admin class=system
and issue HALT command to stop the TSM running on the foreground
Then start TSM service normal way you are used to

Hope it helps

Harry

Back