Prevent clearing events after updating client schedule ?

vilius.m

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Helllo,

TSM v7.1

I want to disable client schedule for some interval and enable it again by using command:
Code:
update sched dom1 sched1 expiration=-1
update sched dom1 sched1 expiration=never
however that action clears all past events associated with sched1 schedule - I do not want that to happen..

Is there any way/workaround not to clear client schedule events while updating it ?

Thanks,
Vilius M.

Helllo,

TSM v7.1

I want to disable client schedule for some interval and enable it again by using command:
Code:
update sched dom1 sched1 expiration=-1
update sched dom1 sched1 expiration=never
however that action clears all past events associated with sched1 schedule - I do not want that to happen..

Is there any way/workaround not to clear client schedule events while updating it ?

Thanks,
Vilius M.

One way, is to stop the TSM scheduler for nodes that you want to stop backup. You just have to content with missed backups on your daily report unless you can exclude these.

One way, is to stop the TSM scheduler for nodes that you want to stop backup. You just have to content with missed backups on your daily report unless you can exclude these.
Along the same lines, if the number of nodes is not too large, you could disassociate them from the schedule on the server and associate them later. That's not considered an update of the schedule, so it would not prevent older events from being displayed.

Back