pls help related to stale records for system state backup on TSM

amit79

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello Friends, Needs small help as i am not a backup/TSM person but working on some issue. The issue is when i am running the below cmd to get the backup staus it's showing me the old records for system state backup i do not know why but when i am runnig the incremantal backup seesm to be its working and updated with current date so what should i do to get the current date for system state as well. pls help ...

tsm> q fil
Session established with server MDTSM03A: Windows
Server Version 6, Release 2, Level 0.0
Server date/time: 06/15/2012 22:32:57 Last access: 06/15/2012 19:32:16

# Last Incr Date Type File Space Name
--- -------------- ---- ---------------
1 01/05/2011 02:21:21 NTFS ASR
2 05/08/2012 02:15:34 VSS AP1NPDBDX03\SystemState\NULL\System State\S
ystemState
3 06/15/2012 14:33:10 NTFS \\ap1npdbdx03\c$
tsm>

Hi,

There is an errorlog that will give us more information. PLease paste in the errors, and we can see where to go from there. Look in dsm.opt for its location if it is not in the same folder as dsmc.exe

You can shutdown all TSM services and delete the c:\adsm.sys folder. Start up the services afterwards. This may clear up some errors.

Start 'vssadmin list writers' If there is ANY errors, reboot the server. That is far simpler than debugging vss.......

Thanks Trident for your reply please find the below logs as requested

NODENAME AZ1NPDBDX03
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
TCPSERVERADDRESS AZ1TSM01.happy.com
txnbytelimit 25600
tcpwindowsize 63
tcpbuffsize 32
tcpnodelay yes
subdir yes
schedlogname c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmsched.log
schedlogretention 4,s
errorlogname c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmerror.log
errorlogretention 14
resourceutilization 4
compression yes
compressalways no

CHANGINGRETRIES 2
QUERYSCHEDPERIOD 2
SCHEDMODE POLLING

DOMAIN ALL-LOCAL
SNAPSHOTPROVIDERFS VSS

EXCLUDE c:\Windows\System32\drivers\mfetdik.sys
EXCLUDE c:\ibm\informationserver\mcm*
Exclude "\\az1npdbdx03\c$\ibm\informationserver\mcm\clientswitcherservice.exe"

Hi,

There is a ton of excludes that should be in you file to exclude locked os files and temporary files etc.

Can you post the contents of this file c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmerror.log

If it is more than 100 lines, add it as an attachment.

Also, please post:

dsmc q include

Last edited:
pls find the requested as an attachment.. and i am unable to run the cmd what you asked for from tsm client trying like below

tsm> dsmc q include

Thanks

Attachments

• dsmerror.txt
    19 KB · Views: 5
Hi,

Does this file exist c:\ibm\informationserver\mcm\clientswitcherservice.exe? It appears that this file is part of VSS backup, but does no longer exist.
If it does not, then you can create an empty file instead. That will get you out of one bug

Try this: tsm> q incl

And, as always, keep your tsm client up-to-date. Install the latest 6.2.x package.

PLs find the attached logs for q incl and as you suggested to create a empty file so while creating the same with same name and at same location fixx fix this issue ? i am sorry as not much aware of this kind off issues pls help.

Attachments

• logs.txt
    8 KB · Views: 6
Your includes and excludes are fine.

This line in your error log indicates that a file is missing

06/07/2012 12:30:32 ANS5279E Error processing '\\az1npdbdx03\c$\ibm\informationserver\mcm\clientswitcherservice.exe': file not found.

Please read this from IBM -> http://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21419884

If your BA client is old, then it may help to lift it up to a later release.

Thanks Trident, after upgrading the verison it fixed the issue and able to achive backup .. Thanks a ton bro..

Back