1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Oracle Backup Failures

Discussion in 'TSM Client' started by jkslider, Dec 17, 2008.

1. jkslider

jkslider New Member

Hi All,

I am an assistant TSM Admin, who was approached by a member of our Windows Team yesterday with a question on an Oracle Backup Failing Daily.

The client is a Windows Server @ 2000, with the TSM 5.3.6 running on it.

The TSM Server is running on a RS6000 and is @ version 5.4.3.

The problem they are having is that while backing up some Oracled data files, the are receiving the following two messages:

12/14/2008 04:14:33 ANS1228E Sending of object '\\bjhcamgi01\e$\backup\CMORLOB1.DBF' failed
    12/14/2008 04:14:33 ANS4009E Error processing '\\bjhcamgi01\e$\backup\CMORLOB1.DBF': disk full condition

When researching these two ANS messages, it looks as though they are related to restores and not a backup.

We have plenty of space on the TSM Server Side in our storage pools, so I don't see this being on the TSM Server side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    If the database is open, TSM cannot backup the file successfully thus the failure.

Are you not using TDP for Database?

4. jkslider

jkslider New Member

Ed,

I will check with the WDS team, I am not sure how they have the client setup, we do not have access to the Windows Servers.