-optfile

augfirst

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am trying to schedule our Windows 2000 systems using the TSM server scheduler. In the options line I am adding -optfile="c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\sysdaily.opt" to use a differnt opt file. This does not work it will default to the Policy Domain default Management Class. When I use the command line on the server everything is backed up to the correct management class and life is good, this only happens using the TSM Server scheduler. There are no server client options to override the client options.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin

I was trying to do the same on a Windows 2000 Server until I figured out what was going on behind the scenes. The Tsm scheduler is associated with your dsm.opt file and that is why it won't run with the -optfile option. I assumed that the command line would over ride this, but it doesn't seem to. Very frustrating.

One work around is to use the native Windows scheduler to run a batch file to first copy your dsm.opt to dsm.org (for example) and then rename your sysdaily.opt to dsm.opt. You then will have to use the dsmcutil command to stop and start the Tsm Scheduler service. I guess you could also use net stop and net start as well.

This is what we do on our Aix servers. We use Cron to rename the dsm.sys file and then stop and start the dsmc schedule command.

Back