1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Offsite volumes reclamation in Daily Maintenance Script

Discussion in 'TSM Operation' started by matod7, Jan 9, 2012.

1. matod7

matod7 New Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Argentina, Buenos Aires
    Hello comunity from Argentina , this is my first post . I´m the only TSM admin of my company, and I started from zero since the installation about 1 year ago. Our arch. is a tsm 6.2.1 Server on AIX 6.1 (P520 Series) and a TS3310 Lib. with 4 drives (just for let you know).
    Since the installation and first run, the use of this plataform grows a lot, from 10 clients to 150, adding db backups an lotus notes db bkps. I Use three disk pools (backupdiskpool, archdiskpool, sqldiskpool) . At 5 am , the maintenance script backups the disks pool to copy tape (LTO4) pools (bkpcopytapepool, archcopytapepool and sqlcopytapepool) , after this, disks storage pools migrate to tape pools (bkptapepool, archtapepool, sqltapepool) .The 3 copytapepools goes to a vault, as DRM , with a copy of dbbackup.
    We started to reclaim offsite volumes each day, operators run a script i created for this. My cuestion , to avoid operators of running this script is if i can put the reclamation of offsite volumes in the server maintenance script, an also put the last line off the script for unload mountable drm volumes to the in/out slots of library. I dont know if this is a good practice.

Thank you all ...