OC - deduplication reporting

imoteb

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello,

I'm testing client side deduplication and looking for a way to integrate reporting onto OC. The main issue now is to understand how dedupe rates are being collected. I only want a high level overview of saved space and a dedupe rate in % (manager ready).

So, the information I have is:

select * from stgpools where stgpool_name='BACKUP2'
EST_CAPACITY_MB: 20870099.4
PCT_UTILIZED: 0.1
DEDUP_SPACE_SAVED_MB: 13499
COMP_SPACE_SAVED_MB: 0
SPACE_SAVED_MB: 13499

q stg backup2 f=d
Deduplication Savings: 13,499 M (54.55%)
Compression Savings:
Total Space Saved: 13,499 M (54.55%)

To integrate that into OC, I need a valid SQL statement. So my question basically is: how on earth do they calculate the % value?

PREDATAR Control23

The OC uses a series of table that start with the name TSMGUI_:
select tabname from tables where tabname like 'TSMGUI%'

The data you are looking for is likely in:
select name,dedup_saved_pct from TSMGUI_ALLSTG_GRID

PREDATAR Control23

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

PREDATAR Control23

select STGPOOL_NAME, (CAST(SPACE_SAVED_MB as FLOAT)/1024) as TOTAL_SAVED_GB, (CAST(DEDUP_SPACE_SAVED_MB as FLOAT)/1024) as DEDUP_SAVED_GB, (CAST(COMP_SPACE_SAVED_MB as FLOAT)/1024) as COMP_SAVED_GB, ((CAST(EST_CAPACITY_MB as FLOAT)/1024)*PCT_UTILIZED/100) as USED_SPACE_GB from stgpools where STG_TYPE='DIRECTORY' or STG_TYPE='CLOUD' order by TOTAL_SAVED_GB DESC

PREDATAR Control23

best deduped nodes

SELECT SUBSTR(s.ENTITY,1,10) AS NODE, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.bytes_protected))/1024/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(12,2))) AS PROTECTED_GB, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.dedup_savings))/1024/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(12,2))) AS DEDUPSAVINGS_GB, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.comp_savings))/1024/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(12,2))) AS COMPSAVINGS_GB, COALESCE((CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.dedup_savings))/FLOAT(SUM(s.bytes_protected))*100 AS DECIMAL(5,2))),0) AS DEDUP_PCT,(CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.comp_savings))/FLOAT(SUM(s.bytes_protected)-SUM(s.dedup_savings))*100 AS DECIMAL(5,2))) AS COMP_PCT from summary_extended s WHERE DEDUP_SAVINGS<>0 and activity='BACKUP' or activity='ARCHIVE' GROUP BY S.ENTITY ORDER BY DEDUP_PCT DESC FETCH FIRST 10 ROWS ONLY

PREDATAR Control23

Worst deduped nodes

SELECT SUBSTR(s.ENTITY,1,10) AS NODE, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.bytes_protected))/1024/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(12,2))) AS PROTECTED_GB, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.dedup_savings))/1024/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(12,2))) AS DEDUPSAVINGS_GB, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.comp_savings))/1024/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(12,2))) AS COMPSAVINGS_GB, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.dedup_savings))/FLOAT(SUM(s.bytes_protected))*100 AS DECIMAL(5,2))) AS DEDUP_PCT,(CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.comp_savings))/FLOAT(SUM(s.bytes_protected)-SUM(s.dedup_savings))*100 AS DECIMAL(5,2))) AS COMP_PCT from summary_extended s WHERE DEDUP_SAVINGS<>0 and activity='BACKUP' or activity='ARCHIVE' GROUP BY S.ENTITY ORDER BY DEDUP_PCT ASC FETCH FIRST 10 ROWS ONLY

PREDATAR Control23

Is it also possible to get the saved TB togheter with the 'saved_pct' in the same select command, and only select one stgpool?

/C

PREDATAR Control23

Is it also possible to get the saved TB togheter with the 'saved_pct' in the same select command, and only select one stgpool?

/C

After some reading I found it out myself... :)

select name,dedup_saved_pct,DEDUP_SAVED_MB,COMP_SAVED_PCT,SPACE_SAVED_PCT from TSMGUI_ALLSTG_GRID where name like 'STGPOOL'