• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

OC - deduplication reporting

imoteb

ADSM.ORG Member
Hello,

I'm testing client side deduplication and looking for a way to integrate reporting onto OC. The main issue now is to understand how dedupe rates are being collected. I only want a high level overview of saved space and a dedupe rate in % (manager ready).

So, the information I have is:

select * from stgpools where stgpool_name='BACKUP2'
EST_CAPACITY_MB: 20870099.4
PCT_UTILIZED: 0.1
DEDUP_SPACE_SAVED_MB: 13499
COMP_SPACE_SAVED_MB: 0
SPACE_SAVED_MB: 13499

q stg backup2 f=d
Deduplication Savings: 13,499 M (54.55%)
Compression Savings:
Total Space Saved: 13,499 M (54.55%)

To integrate that into OC, I need a valid SQL statement. So my question basically is: how on earth do they calculate the % value?

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator
The OC uses a series of table that start with the name TSMGUI_:
select tabname from tables where tabname like 'TSMGUI%'

The data you are looking for is likely in:
select name,dedup_saved_pct from TSMGUI_ALLSTG_GRID

imoteb

ADSM.ORG Member

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

dicowins

ADSM.ORG Member
select STGPOOL_NAME, (CAST(SPACE_SAVED_MB as FLOAT)/1024) as TOTAL_SAVED_GB, (CAST(DEDUP_SPACE_SAVED_MB as FLOAT)/1024) as DEDUP_SAVED_GB, (CAST(COMP_SPACE_SAVED_MB as FLOAT)/1024) as COMP_SAVED_GB, ((CAST(EST_CAPACITY_MB as FLOAT)/1024)*PCT_UTILIZED/100) as USED_SPACE_GB from stgpools where STG_TYPE='DIRECTORY' or STG_TYPE='CLOUD' order by TOTAL_SAVED_GB DESC

dicowins

ADSM.ORG Member
best deduped nodes

SELECT SUBSTR(s.ENTITY,1,10) AS NODE, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.bytes_protected))/1024/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(12,2))) AS PROTECTED_GB, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.dedup_savings))/1024/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(12,2))) AS DEDUPSAVINGS_GB, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.comp_savings))/1024/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(12,2))) AS COMPSAVINGS_GB, COALESCE((CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.dedup_savings))/FLOAT(SUM(s.bytes_protected))*100 AS DECIMAL(5,2))),0) AS DEDUP_PCT,(CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.comp_savings))/FLOAT(SUM(s.bytes_protected)-SUM(s.dedup_savings))*100 AS DECIMAL(5,2))) AS COMP_PCT from summary_extended s WHERE DEDUP_SAVINGS<>0 and activity='BACKUP' or activity='ARCHIVE' GROUP BY S.ENTITY ORDER BY DEDUP_PCT DESC FETCH FIRST 10 ROWS ONLY

dicowins

ADSM.ORG Member
Worst deduped nodes

SELECT SUBSTR(s.ENTITY,1,10) AS NODE, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.bytes_protected))/1024/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(12,2))) AS PROTECTED_GB, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.dedup_savings))/1024/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(12,2))) AS DEDUPSAVINGS_GB, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.comp_savings))/1024/1024/1024 AS DECIMAL(12,2))) AS COMPSAVINGS_GB, (CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.dedup_savings))/FLOAT(SUM(s.bytes_protected))*100 AS DECIMAL(5,2))) AS DEDUP_PCT,(CAST(FLOAT(SUM(s.comp_savings))/FLOAT(SUM(s.bytes_protected)-SUM(s.dedup_savings))*100 AS DECIMAL(5,2))) AS COMP_PCT from summary_extended s WHERE DEDUP_SAVINGS<>0 and activity='BACKUP' or activity='ARCHIVE' GROUP BY S.ENTITY ORDER BY DEDUP_PCT ASC FETCH FIRST 10 ROWS ONLY

combato

ADSM.ORG Member

Is it also possible to get the saved TB togheter with the 'saved_pct' in the same select command, and only select one stgpool?

/C

combato

ADSM.ORG Member
Is it also possible to get the saved TB togheter with the 'saved_pct' in the same select command, and only select one stgpool?

/C
After some reading I found it out myself... :)

select name,dedup_saved_pct,DEDUP_SAVED_MB,COMP_SAVED_PCT,SPACE_SAVED_PCT from TSMGUI_ALLSTG_GRID where name like 'STGPOOL'

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 4 8.0%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mujahikh