1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

nohup dsmc sched not work

Discussion in 'TSM Operation' started by kidz, Sep 7, 2011.

1. kidz

kidz New Member

Dear all
    I have some issue when I use command schedule, my schedule call script on /tsm/scripts/dailybck.sh
    for dailybck.sh I have place: dsmc arch /log_archive/ -subdir=yes into its and run command nohup dsmc sched 2>/dev/null & after that the dsmc sched shown on ps -ef|grep dsm but the schedule start and complete when I check the log file it have no item update into its, then I kill the dsmc sched and start the dsmc sched on foreground the schedule can run completly

please help me to investigate this issue

Thank you very much and sorry for my english

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    How was your schedule defined in the TSM server? Did you use action=command object=/tsm/scripts/dailybck.sh?

At the node's dsmc prompt, does 'q sched' return any value?

4. kidz

kidz New Member

Thank you for your reply
    The schedule action=command object=/tsm/scripts/dailybck.sh and 'q sched' show the time that schedule start correctly

the schedule completed both 'nohup dsmc sched' and 'dsmc sched' but when use 'nohup dsmc sched' the script not run but return complete schedule