[HOWTO] Node replication experiences

Rigido

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,
I have two TSM servers that do client node replication on a daily basis principally for DR purposes.
Does someone have any node replication experience and can help me understand and prepare some sort of a DR test?
I just need not to stop the primary server as other clients will continue to backup and not to break daily backup for the client we will use for the test.
I would like to show that a recovered client (let's think of an AIX lpar restored by mksysb) can access replicated node data.

Thanks.

PREDATAR Control23

For the client to failover, you'd have to either shut down the primary server. Or trick the client into thinking the primary server is unavailable, which will force it to go to the target server. You could do that by putting a TCPSERVERADDRESS that doesn't exist, so it will failover to the replication server.

PREDATAR Control23

Thank you Marclant,
that's what I thought too but I need to be sure there are no issues with node replication once the tests finish.
Let's say we will test NodeA so we will restore NodeA on another lpar (let's call it NodeA1) and trick it so there is no connection to Primary Server and can restore from Replication Server.

NodeA should continue to backup on PS and PS should continue to replicate to RS.
NodeA1 should just access RS fro restore activities.

Will it work? :)

PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

You should look at this client option :
Options file:
FORCEFAILOVER yes
Command line:
-FORCEFAILOVER=yes