Node entry not added to server's definition in Active Directory?

pelch30

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello ! I am still in learning mode, so please excuse my inexperience.

I recently added node SERVER_P1 and associated it with it's schedule. The backups ran as expected. 2 days later, I added node SERVER_D1 which is essentially identical to the previous one. When I added the latter one, the following message appears:

Message: ANR9961W Node entry SERVER_D1 has not been added to this server's definition in Active Directory.

TSM software was removed and re-installed and still the problem exists. I searched for similar problems and only got the standard IBM manual response. Any ideas ?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

PREDATAR Control23

How did you add SERVER_D1? Did you register it in the TSM Server? Or, did you resgister it through the Client (meaning through SERVER_D1), and if so, is the TSM Server set for Open Registration. Is this server, SERVER_D1, defined in the Active Directory?

Please send us the steps you used to register the node SERVER_D1

PREDATAR Control23

Ed, I registered the node from the TSM server using the following command:

>reg node SERVER_D1 password dom=STANDARD contact="SysAdmin" compression=yes pas***p=30

SERVER_D1 is defined in Active Directory.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Last edited:
PREDATAR Control23

Ed, I appreciate all of your help. I was working with a person in another site and it turns out, they never launched the client to seed the password. Everything is functioning correctly now. Frustrating when you don't have access to your client nodes.
Thanks again !

PREDATAR Control23

You just woke up a 9 year old post with just a screenshot. Were you trying to assist the original poster or do you have a question of your own? If you have a question, I recommend you start a new thread. Both Spectrum Protect (named TSM previously) and Windows have changed a lot in 9 years.