• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Node entry not added to server's definition in Active Directory?

pelch30

ADSM.ORG Member
Hello ! I am still in learning mode, so please excuse my inexperience.

I recently added node SERVER_P1 and associated it with it's schedule. The backups ran as expected. 2 days later, I added node SERVER_D1 which is essentially identical to the previous one. When I added the latter one, the following message appears:

Message: ANR9961W Node entry SERVER_D1 has not been added to this server's definition in Active Directory.

TSM software was removed and re-installed and still the problem exists. I searched for similar problems and only got the standard IBM manual response. Any ideas ?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

moon-buddy

ADSM.ORG Moderator
How did you add SERVER_D1? Did you register it in the TSM Server? Or, did you resgister it through the Client (meaning through SERVER_D1), and if so, is the TSM Server set for Open Registration. Is this server, SERVER_D1, defined in the Active Directory?

Please send us the steps you used to register the node SERVER_D1

pelch30

ADSM.ORG Member
Ed, I registered the node from the TSM server using the following command:

>reg node SERVER_D1 password dom=STANDARD contact="SysAdmin" compression=yes pas***p=30

SERVER_D1 is defined in Active Directory.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Last edited:

pelch30

ADSM.ORG Member
Ed, I appreciate all of your help. I was working with a person in another site and it turns out, they never launched the client to seed the password. Everything is functioning correctly now. Frustrating when you don't have access to your client nodes.
Thanks again !

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 4 10.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexp36