Node and Machine options in dsmcutil

Lisa

Newcomer
Reaction score
I'm trying to push the scheduler to about 200 machines remotely. When I execute this command line:

dsmcutil install scheduler /name:"TSM Scheduler Service" /machine: PCName /clientdir:"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient" /optfile:"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt" /node:UserID /validate:yes /autostart:yes /startnow:yes /password:UserID1

It creates the service, but for the node name it uses the machine name, PCName and the scheduler fails. My question is, can I remotely create the scheduler service with a node name that is different from the machine name?

What is the nodename that is in the dsm.opt file?

What is the value of UserID (/node:UserID) that you have in the command string? This should be the node name you what to have for the client (node) you are registering and must match the one in the dsm.opt file, and has been previously registered on the TSM server.

Further, the command should be run under the local admin to make sure that TSM is setup to run under the local system account.

Last edited:
The node name in the command string is doejohn, and computer name is myPC. In dsm.opt, the node name is doejohn, but when I look at dsmsched on myPC, the node name is myPC and not doejohn. doejohn is the registered node name on the TSM server.

Is there an option that I can add to the command string to run it under the local admin account?

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmcutil" install scheduler /name:"TSM Scheduler Service" /machine:doejohn /clientdir:"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient" /optfile:"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt" /node:doejohn /validate:yes /autostart:yes /startnow:yes /password:doejohn1

Try the above; the entry 'nodename" in the dsm.opt file must be "doejohn"

That won't work for us. Our machine name isn't doejohn, but myPC. Our node name and machine name isn't the same in our set up. Plus, I'm setting up the service remotely, so I'm guessing I have to have a machine name in order to push it to that machine.

When the install took place, what does 'q node' say on the TSM server? Does the node_name say doejohn and the TCP_name say myPC?

If this what you want, try this:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmcutil" install scheduler /name:"TSM Scheduler Service" /machine:myPC /clientdir:"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient" /optfile:"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt" /node:doejohn /validate:yes /autostart:yes /startnow:yes /password:doejohn1

Register node doejohn first.

Back