No file spaces, no volumes, yet occupancy?

rowl

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have an odd problem. I was doing some testing with TSM for Virtual Environments and TSM Deduplication. I am trying to clean up my test server and started by deleting all of the file spaces for the node name that was used to backup the VMs. Now I have no volumes in any storage pool, q fi return no file spaces, but q occ reports back many file spaces and occupancy.

For each of these file spaces the Filespace Name is shown as DELETED, yet there is a number of files and a logical space occupied value displayed. I attempted to delete these file spaces using namet=fsid and it reports that the value I specified for the FSID is invalid.

Support is telling me that I just have to wait for these deduplication references to expire, but since there are no volumes I don't understand how there can be references to anything.

Ever see something like this? Any idea what to do?

Thanks,
-Rowl

there is a lot of db overhead to do TSM dedup - if there is still stuff remaining in "show dedupdeleteinfo" then I probably agree with support. there has been improvements to the dereference engine lately, so if you're not absolutely current, you might be fighting a known performance problem there...

Back