New to FastBack....Pls guide..!!

Asha

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi...

I've been asked to deploy TSM FastBack for one of our clients... And I wanted to try them out before deploying in real time... So started to test the product on one of the VMWARE environments... I am having a lot of doubts so thought of sharing it across so that some of the guys out here might help me out...!!!

* Do we have to install FastBack mount/Instant Restore on each and every server??Even after installing on the server the icon doesn't seem to appear on the system tray..in that case how do i invoke that??

* I tried to setup the Data Replication scenario from my FastBack Server to another Server..Hence created the REP directory and did changes in the FastBackDRHubServer.ini file and restarted the services... also did the necessary updates in the DR configuration tab. And ran the TEST configuration tab and it completed successfully also....
When I clicked on RUN NOW option some files and folders were created under the REP_DR directory....I assumed that DR means the entire data will be copied onto the DR server but the files/folders under the REP_DR are quite different....!!
Am I doing things the right way or something is wrong...??

Please let me know guys....

PREDATAR Control23

Fastback Mount icon

I am doing testing on fastback at this time, the mount/restore icon does not appear on the VMware instance of Fastback server or client, even though the service shows it is running. Now it does show on up a real server in the system tray not sure if this is a bug with VMware itself or problem with fastback on a VMware instance.

PREDATAR Control23

FastBack Mount Icon and Application

Guys,

To view the FastBack icon in the icon tray as well as launching the application, you need to logon to the Windows server console. Start the remote desktop session with either the /admin or /console switch in the connection string. For example: servername /console.

I finished a FastBack test last week and found it quite useful. The only thing I need to finish automating the integration with the TSM B/A agent for backing up data to the TSM server.

Regards,
Frunkster

PREDATAR Control23

Fastback Integration with TSM

Hello Everyone,

I need a sample script for automated backup of fastback repository for long term retention on tsm (TSM and Fastback Integration).It's urgent.

Thanks in advance.