Need to ensure EXPIRE INVENTORY won't run on server start

kaiw

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi group,

I need to figure out a way to start TSM without running the EXPIRE INVENTORY process on startup. Long story short, we lost a lot of backups from our primary server due to a malfunctioning client causing the server to think the data had been deleted so all the inventory expired. The malfunctioning client just suffered a catastrophic failure, so I need to get the data back. I suspect the data may exist on the second server as the server was decommissioned, but being the backup is so old I don't want the expire process to just trash all our data again.

Bottom line is, how do I start TSM with the assurance that EXPIRE INVENTORY will *not* run on start?

Thanks,
Kai

We use to disable the Admin schedule of Expiration process as active=no once the the server is up, we will make this as active.

Option 1:
If the server is at 7.1.3 or newer, just start the server in maintenance mode:
dsmserv maintenance
Go to Common

Option 2: Any version, add these lines in dsmserv.opt:
Code:
EXPINTERVAL 0
DISABLESCHEDS YES

Do what you need to do, then restart the server normally without the added options in dsmserv.opt

All, that did exactly what I needed, thank you! Unfortunately the required data didn't turn up in the backups. But nevertheless, much appreciated.

Back