Need to delete domino mailfile backups, please help

tudosieeugen

Newcomer
Reaction score
Our general manager told us that his and some other managers mailfile backups must be deleted, and SOON !!!!
TSM Server 5.5
Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail Data Protection for Lotus Domino Version 5, Release 4, Level 2.0
Lotus Mail server 7.
Can you please help me delete ALL this backups but not by deleting the filespaces ?

Thank you

Hi,

as far as I know, you have two options
a) clean TSM way
create a new management class with the retentions verexists=1,verdeleted=0,retextra=0,retonly=0 and bind that DB to this management class (include mail\bossfile.nsf mgmtclass_name in the configuration file)
run the selective backup of this DB (so it is rebound to this mgmtclass and all older backups are expired)
run expire inventory on the server
exclude this DB from backups (exclude mail\bossfile.nsf in the configuration file)
run incremental backup of your domino server (DB is inactivated and deleted because of the mgmtclass definition)
run expire inventory on the server

b) use "hard way" - unsupported and risky - so DO try the first method!!!! if it does not help, test this in lab environment first and DO backup your DB

find the object ID of your backups
select ll_name,object_id from backups where node_name='MY_DOMINO' and ll_name like 'bossfile.%'
and for each of this object ID use
delete object 0 <ID>

Harry

EXCEPTIONAL ANSWER, THANK YOU !!
I solved the problem in the "hard way", i HAD to !!!
select ll_name, hl_name, state, object_id from backups where node_name='MY_DOMINO' and ll_name like '%bossfile%' is aa very helpfull command and bossfile.% parameter must be written with caps or else the server response will be that the file does not exist.

Back