MySQL Enterprise Backup & TDPO

DanGiles

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
I am surprised I don't see any posts around this. I've installed and configured TDP for Oracle with MySQL Enterprise Backup (MEB) and successfully did a couple of backups. What I cannot find anywhere though is how to expire the backups! If all backups use the same name, then they'd become inactive and would expire off, but then how would you use MEB to restore a previous version of a backup? If you give them unique time-stamped names, then you can specify the file/timestamp to restore, but they would always remain active.
Ha! I thought. Use "dsmc delete file xx -optfile=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/dsm.opt". BUT, if I use this format to "query backup", I cannot find any backups :(
So, has anyone set this up? If not, does anyone know how I can use the dsmc command to look at "Oracle" backups?

You can't query data backed up using the API with the client. You have to query the backup using the same tool that backed it up. Idem for expiring old backups.

You can also query the backups from the TSM Server, but that's probably not helpful in your situation:
select * from backups where node_name='NODENAME' and filespace_name='FILESPACE_NAME'

It wasn't designed for this, but you could use the DEACTIVATE DATA command on the TSM Server. It was designed to expire old orphan backups that do not show in RMAN, but are still on the TSM Server. It would work for what you want to do, even if it's not the intent of the command.

I kinda figured that, but the deactivate data works nicely. It looks like we'll have to use that for MySQL data. Kinda kludgy, but what can you do?

Thanks marclant.

Back