My copy ool is bigger then my pool

MCharland

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Okay probably not the rigth place, but trying to manage my media usage and see where they where used, I did this querry ..

select stgpool_name,devclass_name,count(*) as "VOLUMES" from volumes group by stgpool_name,devclass_name

I reported my TAPE_POOL = 62 and my TAPE_POOL_Copy=148. All my other pool are about within 2-5 media. I looked at my log and my reclamation & expiring batch task completed successfully.

I'm confused, what could make the media not beed reclaimed? Arent the media management calss be the same beetween my library and storage? Or their something else I forgetting for retention?

At this point I'm not using co-location at any level ?

Re-reading the help topic on reclaim; on thing that is talks is about the fact that reclaim will pass too much time analysing versus reclaiming if too many madia need to be checked.

From help file ... This parameter is valid only for copy
storage pools. Limiting the number of offsite volumes can prevent the server from spending more time analyzing volumes rather than reclaiming them.

Looking at my volume info in the pool, 2/3 of them say percentage usilized samaller then 30%. I figure using the following command I should gain better reclaim.

"reclaim stg tape_pool_copy du=120 th=51 offsitereclaimlimit=20"

Am I on the rigth track ?

Yes,
you can start with that command. However, it seems that you don`t have any reclamation task for your copy pool either by threshold or command (script). You should have one.

What`s the reclamation threshold for you copy stgpool?

Rudy

Back