Multiple vCenter with SP 8.1.10

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Could you please help me?

I should make a plan for involve a new vcenter to our SP environment.
I think the SP can handle only one vcenter....I am not sure, but i read something about multiple vcenter usage.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you!

Are you talking about the vCenter in linked mode?
The document for 8.1.10 here discusses that:
Page 28.

IF it means that i can backup 2 different vcenter with one SP server....
My goal is to involve a new vcenter (5 node, ~ 200vm) in our SP (dp for vm).
As I know, one SP instance can handle (and making backup) only one vcenter, but it is not sure.
At the login of the configuration wizard, i had to set the vcenter name or ip and user/pass to login and set up the cluster and DM ....etc.. But what if, when i get a new vcenter cluster for backup and i have only one SP server with installed DP for VM.
I should create a new instance, install a new server with dp for vm, or i can solve this problem with my existing server.

/I have read that pdf, but did not solve my problem!/

Thank you!

I have a separate install of datamovers for the 2nd vcenter in my environment. Not sure if setup the most optimal way, but we have a site1_vctr and site2_vctr. Can see them linked in the vcenter pages to manage vmware/guests.

When it comes to datamovers and backup's of those vcenters, I have datamover_site1 to manage site1 resources and datamover_site2 to manage site2's. Each have their own associations with unique node names in Spectrum Protect. I also have extra optfiles on datamover_site1 and datamover_site2 to 'attach' to whatever node name in the app in case I need to restore a vm from site1 to site2 from the Spectrum Protect server.

Just make sure you don't reuse node names, and keep all datamovers at the same code level.

If you want, Okriss I will see if I can get time to sanitize some screenshots of my environment if you think that would be helpful. Likely contact you via direct message, or give me a poke as well.

I have a separate install of datamovers for the 2nd vcenter in my environment. Not sure if setup the most optimal way, but we have a site1_vctr and site2_vctr. Can see them linked in the vcenter pages to manage vmware/guests.....

It would be great! Thank you! :)

So...I can handle 2 vcenters with different datamover and proxy.
But what if want to run a dp for vm GUI for checking the backups?

The URL shows the server ip, so it is a localhost connection and the vcenter is what is configured before.

Back