1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Multiple Libraries Question

Discussion in 'TSM Operation' started by TJones, Apr 12, 2012.

1. TJones

TJones New Member

I have a client running 2 Dell ML6000 libraries on one TSM server. The people that sat this up are no longer employed there and the site is trying to figure out what they can restore from library2 in the event of a disaster. The contents sizes are nearly identical, which leads me to believe library2 could be a mirror. Is there a way for me to find out how these two libraries are configured, or at least find the most recent volume that was written to in each library to compare the data? This is my first time dealing with dual libraries. Any help would really be appreciated.

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Questions to answer:

1. Can you identify which storage pools belong to which library?
    2. Can you identify which tapes belongs to which storage pools?
    3. Can you identify the Domains and which library these domains uses?
    4. Can you identify the nodes defined to the various Domains?

If the storage pools are pointed to the two libraries, then it would be safe to assume that the second library is a mirror of the first or a copy. If the storage pools are unique, then it would be safe to assume that the second library is an expansion for more space/storage.

TJones likes this.
  4. TJones

TJones New Member

Thanks, moon-buddy. It looks to be a copy of library1. I also did a "select volume_name from contents where file_name =" and every time it would show the file on two volumes. Each of those being in library1 & 2. Not sure why I didn't think about that yesterday. This seems to be an expensive way of doing things as we already do 2 backups per library. As far as I know both of these 6000's are at the same location. Anyways, thanks for the help! I'm sure I'll be back for more. I've only been working with TSM for 5 months.