MSSQL Credentials

etchingsj

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Is there a quick way I can instruct our DB team to view which credentials are being used to access the SQL database for backups?
In the current shop our team (backup/DR) has only access to the TSM servers and the DBA's handle all client side issues. But for an audit they need to know the credentials used for SQL on all servers.
And there are a few.

Thanks in advance,

User under which is running scheduler is also used for accessing MSSQL unless stated else in script (parameter /SQLUSer) or in tdpsql.cfg file.

Local System account is running the TSM Windows services doing the backup. You don't need any additional Windows account for that. You DO need a user with "sysadmin" role in SQL Server in order to access the TDP GUI or command line, and you'll need to login to the Windows server using that account for those things to function. But for the scheduled backup, no special account is necessary to run the Windows service.

Our DBA team has an audit and just need to know the credentials TDP uses to read the MSSQL database.
I am guessing the client was installed using the SA account. But I need to be able to direct them to a location to verfiy for audit.
Just not sure where to direct them.

I had them look at tdpsql.cfg without luck.

Schedule backup operation and verify in Windows Event Viewer which account logged into MSSQL, there is an entry for that.

Back