Moving to Exchange, need a forever copy of Domino data - Export Node?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Our corporation is moving from Domino to MS Exchange in the near future.

Management has asked us to keep a full copy off all Domino data as of September 15th to be kept indefinitely. We use TDP for Domino.

I am trying to figure out what my best option is.

I have never used EXPORT NODE before, but I think it might solve my problem.

I read http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...m.itsm.srv.ref.doc/r_cmd_node_seq_export.html but still have some questions.

What happens after I export it? Do I just check the tapes out and keep them in our vault? Can I just leave the tapes in our library if we have room or will it exipre the data? Is there some more documentation that I am missing?

Anybody think I am going down the wrong road all together?

Thanks,

Riley

Basically, what you need is to save .nsf files, and you can recreate the mail database by importing it back to a working Domino server.

If I were to do this, I would not use export or archive. Instead, I will just dump the .nsf files to a DVD, make multiple copies and throw in a wish that someday, if you need to, a device is still available to read the DVD.

Why this road?

If I were to use export or archive, I would need TSM to retrieve the data. What if 10 years down the road, by twist of fate, your company switched to an inferior backup product. What then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back