1. Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.
    If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.
  2. Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)
    Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Moving some HSM data

Discussion in 'Hierarchical Storage Management' started by ceverett, Mar 3, 2017.

1. ceverett

ceverett Active Newcomer

Network Archetect
    I have a project to migrate some data from an old windows server that has HSM running on it to a new windows server, where all of this data will be live on a much larger disk.

At first, my plan to do this was a simple restore from the normal TSM backup... And indeed, this worked well for most of the data.

But part of this data was backed up with a version of the client that had an error when it backed up stubbed data: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC76786

So what I would like to do is to restore this information directly from the HSM filespace. I don't need, or want, to restore the stub files, but the whole file.

How do I do this? There is some indication that I can do with with the regular dsmc restore, and other links that seem to imply that I need to use the hsm client. But I can't totally shut down the old server yet either.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks...

3. cilesiz

cilesiz ADSM.ORG Member

Hi,

try it with a proxy node definition.

regards Ugur