Moving Management Console to another server

beansontoast

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Hoping for some advice, maybe best practice, on how to move my TSM Management console over to a new another server.

We are running 5.5.

Basically, the current server where we are hosting this, needs to go.
Just to be clear, this is Windows MMC plug-in, which allows me to generate reports etc etc.
Its basic, but I need to try and take everything which has been setup, over to the new server.

Advice appreciated, as always.

Thanks

Hi Beans

The simple solution is to install the management console on the new server and then reconfigure it to match the old server. It shouldn't take too long.
Your other possible option is to look at the registry keys (HKLM\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\Console) and directories (C:\Program Files (x86)\Tivoli\tsm\console) containing any customised reports. You could transfer them to the new server but I've never tried moving registry keys before, only the reports.

Thanks Chris,

Do you know if there is any docco squirelled away on this particular subject? It isn't easily showing up on searches.

You're right .....there's not much!

Do you know if you can run these things in parallel? Oh for a TSM test-lab!

Yes, you can have more than one Management Console accessing the same servers. All they do is run queries when running the reports, not a heavy workload on the servers.

In the past I have run a "TSM test-lab" on my laptop using VMware workstation/player....if you have enough RAM it works fine.

Back