Move Oracle TDP client to correct domain

rhinophobia

Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

I have an oracle client that was wrongly configured and it has been for months before I started here.
As the client is oracle in manages its own retention via Rman (8 days) and the retain only version on TSM is set to 90
It is easy enough to change the domain of the client to the correct domain which is set correctly for an oracle client.

ORA TDPSTDPOL ORABACKUUP STANDARD 1 0 0 0

the data associated with this client is around 14TB and it would take me a couple of days to move it using move nodedata and by the time I had moved it the client would have deleted a couple of days anyway and in 8 days all the original data will have gone

I'm not sure which is the best way to go about this, if the clients domain changes does it lose access to the data in the other domain, am I better leaving the data in the wrong domain and will the client have access to delete it as normal?
If I need a restore from the older data could I change the domain back to the old domain, do the restore then flip it back or will the data in the new domain be disassociated from the client?
Could tdpoconf be used to sync up the backups?

PREDATAR Control23

When you change a node to a different domain, there is no data movement. Data remains exactly where it is, the node still owns it and more importantly, can still restore it.

All data previously backed up will use the retention in the management classes in the new domain if management classes with the same name exist. If some of the management classes don't exist, the objects bound to those will use the data retention from the default management class.

New backups will go in the destination of the management class in the new domain.

So, it's essentially just one command and you are done, nothing else needed.

PREDATAR Control23

So the client has full access including delete, thanks for the speedy reply.

PREDATAR Control23

If needed, you can also move the data from the old storage pool to the new storage pool.