Mountpoints Exceeded? NO!

GregE

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have seen this error on several Oracle backups the last couple of weeks. Until now, I've never had this error.....

Code:
RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on t1 channel at 02/27/2012 02:03:42
ORA-19502: write error on file "bk_117935_12_776311034", blockno 1 (blocksize=512)
ORA-27030: skgfwrt: sbtwrite2 returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
   [B]ANS0326E (RC41)   This node has exceeded its maximum number of mount points.[/B]
channel t1 disabled, job failed on it will be run on another channel
released channel: t1
released channel: t2

Problem is, the node has NOT exceeded its mount points. It's using 2, and it's defined to allow 2. Always has been.

Anyone know what could cause this error?

In our case it's normally caused by dba's who forget to change the TSM config file after refreshing a prod db into a DEV/QA system, so that the QA system also backs up with the PROD name.

Thanks Jeroen. That's not the situation here. Nothing has changed regarding this backup and it just started doing this within the last 2 weeks.

It runs for a couple of hours and backs up some of it, then it gets that error during the backup.

Update the node MAXNUMMP to 4. See if the error continues. I often find it to be the DBA's scheduling multiple DBs on the same server to run around the same time so that all mount points are in use when the next DB kicks off. Also make sure you set KEEPMP to YES

Back