1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Monthly backup??

Discussion in 'Backup / Archive Discussion' started by Tyrael, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Tyrael

Tyrael New Member

How can I create a monthly backup of the all nodes, that stay forever?
    I had thought to backupset, is correct? How I can set the tocmgmtclass?

Thanks in advance

3. blippo

blippo New Member

I have seen a clever solution that we are about to implement.

In the same way that you run a different schedule for tdp-backups so do you create a new nodename (ex. srv01-monthly) that you assign to a schedule that runs once a month and a policy that saves the data according to company policy (ex 12 versions forever) and if needed complement it with a schedule/policy on a year-basis strategy.

This doesnt anwsers your question about backupsets but that is simply because I find this solutions much easier to use. and my lack of knowledge in the area backupsets is total. never used it.

br

4. Tyrael

Tyrael New Member

I had thought of this solution, but I need a backup that will remain forever, and to have history of data over time without specifying verexist; so I can even bring the volume to off-site location

5. Adeeeb

Adeeeb New Member

System Analyst
    Create Backup Sets - this way you can have a track of hardware used for backup-if in case you do it using a policy - i recommed having a separate storagepool as there wudnt be expiration on this. Helps you in reclaimation.