Monitoring thruput?

zaxxon

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
Hi,

is there a way or at least a common way, to monitor the thruput on a TSM? For example i would like to see how many megabytes of data TSM is migrating to it's storage devices or being retrieved from them.

Hi again,

thanks for at least looking at my thread ;) but i used the time to search the TSM documentation and found out about the tables of the TSM-DB, that contain the data. There are columns in the table SUMMARY named ACTIVITY, ENTITY, BYTES, START_TIME, END_TIME and so on. These five are the most important for what i was looking for. We use an IBM Content Manager, that uses the TSM to store the data to WORMs and a large TSM-Cache. So that's the reason i am tracking CMCLIENT as ENTITY in my following script. BACKUP is incomming data for TSM by the CMCLIENT and RESTORE outgoing data. Maybe it saves you some time:

##############################################

#!/bin/ksh

#DATUM=`date +%Y-%m-%d`

query()

{

dsmadmc -id=admin -password=blabla "select bytes from summary where start_time>='$2 $3' and end_time<='$2 $4' and activity='$1' and entity='CMCLIENT'" | awk ' BEGIN{sum=0}; sum=sum+$1; END{print sum}' | tail -1 | xargs echo "Bytes processed: "

}

if [[ $1 != "RESTORE" && $1 != "BACKUP" ]]; then

echo; echo "qtsm <BACKUP|RESTORE> <DATE> <START_TIME> <END_TIME>"

echo "Example: qtsm RESTORE 2003-01-28 07:00 08:00"

echo "-------------------------------------------------"

exit

else

query $1 $2 $3 $4

fi

exit

Back