Monitoring Replication

illllm

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Is there a proper way to monitor replication? I know about the scripts that will show you last replication time and also to see replicated data and pending replication stuff.

My problem is to take the data and present it to managers without having to edit it in a spreadsheet. It should be an automated report coming from TSM directly.

Secondly , is there a way to verify that replication has indeed copied the data to the DR site? Is there a way to initiate a restore and browse the data on the DR site ?

Thank you for taking time to reply !

PREDATAR Control23

I am in a similar position, Do you know of any Scripts which will give Replciation status with server names in summary. ie server spinst1 is in sync, spinst2 has 300Gb to sync ..etc ..etc

PREDATAR Control23

The Operations Center shows it.

On the summary page:
1536339455462.png
The Workload is the amount of data left to replicate. If you click on Workload, you get additional details, if you hover over backlog, you get additional details for when it's running.

1536339556104.png

PREDATAR Control23

The General Operations Report also show that same information and you can schedule that to be sent daily.

PREDATAR Control23

Thanks for the reply's. I have managed to work out the SQL I required.
I needed to be able to provide actual specific replication data without other components mixed in, also needed to be actual numbers rather than a visual type report such as a graph.

PREDATAR Control23

I have combined these into three queries in one TSM reports in opscenter.

SELECT START_TIME,BYTES_PROTECTED,END_TIME,SOURCE_POOL,TARGET_POOL FROM PROTHISTORY WHERE START_TIME>current_timestamp-48 hours order by START_TIME DESC

select STGPOOL_NAME,LASTPROTECT_DATE from stgpools where POOLTYPE='PRIMARY'

select node_name, fsname, start_time, comp_state from replicationview where start_time>=(current_date - 1 days) order by node_name