Monitoring Agent for DB2

manofmilk

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi all,

Hoping you can help a little: our company has recently set up a DB2 based IBM 'data warehouse'. We have worked with the developers to get DB2 backing up to TSM via the standard BA client which is working fine. However they have a service which is generating errors and crashing on occasion that they are claiming is our area of responsibility. The service is running 'KUDCMA_DB2.exe' and seems to be a monitoring agent for 'Tivoli Monitoring'.
We don't run Tivoli Monitoring in our environment, only TSM but they are claiming that this agent is part of the backups and nothing to do with them and generally not being very helpful. Can anybody shine a little light on the situation - what is this service and is it really needed for the TSM backups?

Many thanks for reading and any help you can offer (otherwise I may have to be the 'bigger man' and go talk to the developers in person to try and resolve our differences!!)

'KUDCMA_DB2.exe' is definitely part of Tivoli Monitoring, and has nothing to do with Tivoli Storage Manager client. It is probably part of basic DB2 instalation now, or it came with some FP for DB2, I guess, since IBM is putting it in everything it ships recently (i do not realy understand why) so as far as you are concerned, That process can be shut down from the backup standpoint. Check if you can find something like "Monitoring Agent for DB2 - <db2 instance name>" in your windows services. You can stop this one, make it starts manually and that proces will not fire up any more

Back