Modifying DRM Plan

DanGiles

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
During a DR scenario, I do not want to restore all the storage pools at once: I just want to restore tier 1 pools, THEN tier 2 pools, etc.

I am wondering what the common practice out there is. I figure I have 2 options:

1. Add the instructions on how to the dr plan stating how to modify the STGPOOLS.RESTORE macro in the drm plan
2. Write a Perl script that I can run after the prepare that will do this.

The first option is certainly the easiest, but it assumes that during a DR recovery, people of some knowledge and intelligence will be performing the tsm server recovery. The second is more difficult to implement (though not rocket science), but there would be nothing extra that people had to think about during resore.

What do people do? Anything I didn't think of?

Denke, merci, and thanks!

I've created separate pools for Tier 1 vs Tier 2, etc.

All Tier1 systems have a 24 hour return time. So I use a combination of Collocation and/or ActivePools for this data.

Tier 2 has a 3 day return time. Again, we use separate storage pools but we are not as worried about ActivePools.

And the last tier is everything else.

It may not be perfect, but it's a start.

Hi icewalker. (Interesting name for someone down in NC!?) I intend to use active pools if/when we set up replication. That, however, wasn't the question. How do you break up the restore of the different tiered storage pools: I'm sure you want to make sure the tier 1 pools are restored first. Do you do this pre or post disaster? How?

Back